Confidence or Worry: Dealing with Stress
By David Cox
[pc68] v1 ©2020 www.coxtracts.com/
This brochure can be photocopied and printed freely
Summary: We examine a situation of stress and problem in life, and how Satan uses them against us and God, and how God uses problems for our good. TOPICS: There is no fear in love | Lack of energy, you want to move on | The persecution for being a Christian | The concern for the disease | Do not worry about money | Marital Stress, Family
Jeremiah 17:7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
Consider for a moment all the people in the Bible, trying to follow God, and yet they have problems and pressures from the world. Job was a righteous man in the sight of God, and look at all the problems he had. Consider Abraham, David, the prophets, and Israel, the darling of God, his love, also had lives full of problems. Why? How? Didn’t God protect them from problems? No. God was with them, but it was God’s will that suffers something.
Luke 12:22 And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. 23 The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
Jesus wanted his disciples to understand that there are spiritual maneuvers going on from God’s point of view, and we must be prepared for them.
There is no Fear in Love
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
Christians should not fear. When they come under God’s perfect love, their lives change. It’s not that sometimes it changes; it’s that they always change as a rule. Likewise, the love that comes from God gives them comfort. Psalm 34:4
Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Deuteronomy 31:8 And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.
The major issue of dealing with stress is to understand that our Loving Father leaves us under the tensions and problems of the world so that we build a relationship with Him that we trust in God. This is that we have faith in God’s decisions especially in our lives. God’s perfect will, although it hurts now, is for my good. That is, we endure the stress of life, because of my faith and trust in God.
Joshua 1:9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
The fear of the future or the present is a force of Satan harming us. With being saved, this threat has no strength with us because God protects us. The fear or stress of life causes us to “faint” or stop working and fight. But it shouldn’t. We are children of the King, and God protects us and always loves us. God helps us in every situation.
Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
We must not be anxious for anything. All the evil that can happen to a person is a distraction from their relationship with God. Jesus is big enough to deal with all our anxieties and give us the necessary grace to keep our lives in peace even when we grow up.
Lack of desire to continue on
Isaiah 35:4 Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you. Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
But the question is how can we be strong for our God? 1) By communion with God (meditating on His words to us, the Bible, and praying to Him) 2) Faith is increased by hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). 3) Believe what God tells us in His Word.
Matthew 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
There are two things to guide us in verse 27: 1) there are things you cannot change in life. We are not to concentrate our attention, efforts, resources, or spiritual and emotional energy on things we cannot change. No matter what you do you will not change those things. Pray for them, okay, because it is the only thing that will work in one way. 2) There are things that can be changed if you put your energies in them.
Matthew 6:30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? But there are things which one can change. God shows us that it is lack of faith that disturbs you life. Matthew 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
1) We must seek the things of the kingdom of God and the justice that God desires within us. This must be our priority in life, not everyday things that happen temporarily. We have to understand that Satan wants to distract us from following God with problems in life. Because of this, we have so many problems. Instead of concentrating on what makes us unhappy, focus on what makes you happy and what makes God happy with you. Second, even pagans have needs; they look in a way to get them. Do the same. 2) God is not going to give you everything in life while you do nothing for yourself. Ephesians 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. God wants us to do physical labor to get what we need. It is not to say that we do not pray at the same time. Acts 20:34 Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me. So, first of all, have you done everything you can to get your needs and solve your problems?
2 Thessalonians 3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
That is, in the sight of God, and what God commands for us, if the person does not want to make an effort to solve his personal problems, God will probably abandon him, and we should not cover the laziness of the person who refuses to work.
The Persecution for being a Christian
1 Peter 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
The progress of God’s work, the will of God, remains under the intense care and supervision of God. God knows everything. If you suffer, God will avenge you one day in judgment on the evildoers, and will restore to you what you lose and will reward you too. Trust that God is still on the throne of the universe, and is active, never sleeps. God knew before everything started, that there was going to be opposition. We are the beloved of God, and we will be the target that Satan attacks. God decided that the suffering of his children cannot be avoided. But God will restore what we suffer or lose, and God will avenge us for what Satan does to us.
Worry about the Sickness
Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die.
Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Surely you are a sinner, and for this, you will die. Death usually comes to us through getting sick, and then dying of it. So why do you worry about this? Salvation is the belief that Jesus is going to rescue us from hell, take us to heaven after we die and restore us to a better new body.
Don’t worry about money
1 Timothy 6:7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
Luke 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth…
Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Luke 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
God knew that most people who accept the Lord will not accept him until they are adults. For each one who accepts the Lord, there are a thousand who will never accept him. This indicates that many couples are going to have a saved and an unsaved for a long time. Few of them will have both saved with time. Most Christians will live fighting and in conflict.
Paul instructs us in 1 Corinthians 7 that it is better not to enter into marriage problems (to get married) but most people do not endure as singles, and they must marry.
1 Corinthians 7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. 13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. 15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
Basically, God calls us to peace in these situations. If the unsaved person begins to live in peace with the Christian, they remain married, but if the unsaved person wants to break the marriage, they separate. The Christian must do everything possible on his part to live peacefully with the other one who can.
The chances of your partner being saved will be greatly multiplied if you and your partner stay together. They decrease if they separate.
Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
This conflict over the gospel will destroy many family relationships, and it is something that God already tells us beforehand. We should not worry about this, but do everything possible to maintain peace with the members of our family.
1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Este Folleto en Español: CP68 ¿Ansiedad o el Confiar?pc68-cox-confidence-or-worry-v1-min.pdf (704 downloads)
More Tracts on Pastoral Counseling
- bs01 Principles of Interpretation of Holy Scripture
- bs02 Benefits of Bible Study
- bs03 Interpreting Bible Types
- bs04 The Symbols of Jesus Christ: Christ the Groom
- BS28 Do you live the Truth or Lies?
- calv01 Calvinism What’s the Truth?
- calv02 Did Christ Die for the Whole World, or only part of it? Limited Atonement
- cat02 Should we worship the Virgin Mary? No.
- cat03 Spiritualism
- cat05 Why we don’t use images in worship
- Cat15 The Sexual Immorality of the Catholic Clergy
- cat17 Catholicism and Ecumenism supporting Error
- Ch09 Our One another Relationship
- ch14 Finding a good church
- ch15 Congregating because we Love
- ch16 Example of the man of God
- ch17 Why do I Attend Church?
- ch18 Supporting your Pastor
- ch19 Marks of a False Prophet
- ch20 Why we call ourselves “Baptists”
- ch21 Will a man rob God? tithes
- ch23 Paying the Pastor
- ch24 The power of an example
- ch26 Don’t touch the anointed of God
- ch27 Tithe Is it biblical to tithe?
- ch30 man of God contentious
- ch31 3Bs of success: buildings, bodies, and bucks
- ch32 How to pray for missionaries
- ch34 Brethren, we must not fight!
- ch38 Recognizing a good pastor
- ch39 What should we preach? sermon topics
- ch41 The marks of a bad minister
- ch42 Destitution of Pastor
- ch44 Why we don’t charge for Ministering
- ch45 Grading a Bible Teacher
- ch47 The Christian and His Money
- ch49 The Biblical Pastor: The Biblical Duty
- ch50 The Church is Built upon the Foundation of Evangelism
- ch51 Cowboys versus Shepherds
- ch55 Who runs the Local Church?
- ch64 The Church is not a Circus
- cult11 The Truth About Messianic Christians
- cult12 – The Bible vs Koran
- cult17 – The Taoism the Way to God
- doct01 Fundamentals of Christian Faith
- doct02 Trinity: 1 God in 3 Persons
- doct03 Do Heaven & Hell really exist?
- doct04 Hell and Heaven, Hades, & Paradise
- doct07 The Athanasius Creed
- doct10 Theodicy: Problem of existence of evil
- doct16 Satan our Enemy
- doct25 Jesus is our Moral Pattern
- Doct28 What will heaven be like?
- Doct34 Does God exist?
- ec01 Darwinism
- Eva18 The Importance of the Gospel
- fam01 Biblical love: How Christians should love
- fam02 Seeking a Christian mate
- fam03 Biblical principles for a solid marriage
- fam04 Resolving without Divorce
- fam05 Disciplining our Children
- fam06 Training our Kids
- fam07 The submission of the woman
- fam08 Abortion: Permitted by God, or is it sin?
- fam10 The covetous that hordes
- fam11 Pious Mothers: Oh How we need them!
- fam12 Common law marriages
- fam13 Polygamy: Is it biblical to have multiple spouses?
- fam14 Fathers that Please God
- fam15 Always late for the house of God
- fam16 Christmas: Is it for Christians?
- fam17 Submission and Head Coverings
- fam18 Is divorce permitted?
- fam21 Child Kings Parents that let their kids Rule
- fam26 Wise advice for youth
- fam27 Dress of a Christian Woman
- fam31 “Pastor, I am going to get a divorce”
- jw06 Is Jesus Christ a creature or the Creator?
- mor01 Joseph Smith: a man of God or lunatic?
- mor02 Contradictions and errors in the book of Mormon
- ort04 Neo-Evangelicals and Ecumenism
- ort05 Is it correct to Judge?
- pc01 Should a Christian celebrate Halloween?
- pc02 Problems with Alcoholics Anonymous ()
- pc03 Alcohol and the Christian ()
- pc04 Bartender: For Christians who sell alcohol ()
- pc05 Resisting Porn v2 ()
- pc06 Suicide: A solution or something worse?
- pc07 Fasting: Fixing your Life with God
- pc08 Self-Esteem
- pc09 Homosexuality is an abomination
- pc10 Sexual Purity
- pc15 How to fight against depression
- pc16 Why Christians shouldn’t use drugs?
- pc21 God hears only the Contrite
- pc23 Forgiving as we are forgiven
- pc30 Discerning the Will of God
- pc34 Divine use of Sickness
- pc39 Rock and Roll Music
- pc44 Enduring Affliction as a child of God
- pc46 Sins of Facebook
- pc50 Narcissism versus Love
- pc68 Confidence or Worry Dealing with Stress
- pent01 Why I am not Pentecostal
- pent02 Spiritual Baptism: baptism in the Holy Spirit
- pent03 Kundalini and Tongues
- pent04 Modern tongues speaking
- pent05 Is it correct for women preach, teach, or lead?
- pent08 Benny Hinn: false prophet
- pent09 Why we don’t use cell groups
- salv01 Plan of God for the salvation of your soul
- salv02 Now that you have Believed
- salv04 Major points in water baptism
- salv05 Why read the Bible? spiritual reasons
- salv08 Your Testimony: Impacting Others
- salv10 Having a Personal Devotional Time
- salv11 Valuing your Salvation
- salv21 There is no Salvation without Love
- salv31 How to tell if you are dead! (spiritual life)
- SST3-01 Keeping your Heart
- SST3-02 Keeping your Soul Visual Door to the Mind
- SSTeen1-02 Sexual Purity Joseph and His Difficult Life
- SSTeen2-01 Remembering your Creator
- SSTeen3-03 Keeping your Soul: The Ear Gate to the Mind
- SSTeens2-02 Why is it Important to Know God?
- Welcome to David Cox Tract Library
Our Tract Ministry
This page describes our tract ministry, including tract production (printing and folding). Our ministry is not that big yet, but we continue to grow. We have about 350 Spanish titles and 90 English titles and are adding translations into other languages. Please read this page and pray for this ministry.
* This image is of a Gas Station with the lines because of shortage, and we were able to pass out hundreds of tracts here.
In 2018 we printed 50,000 tracts and distributed them all. So far this year (as of March 14th, 2019) we have printed and distributed around 13,500. We are in constant need of donations for ink and paper, and new printers every year. Please conside a donation. paypal.me/davidcoxmex